Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs

Author: Peter Zallinger
Illustrator: Peter Zallinger
Genre: Nonfiction and Biography 
Awards: None
Grade Level: 1st-5th 

This book follows the life of dinosaurs from the beginning to their extinction almost 70 million years ago. Dinosaurs teaches about many dinosaurs in detail. Some of these dinosaurs are the Thecodont, the  Brontosaurus, and the Styracosaurus. To help with pronouncing the names of the dinosaurs, each name is spelled out phonetically. The books also teaches about fossils and paleontologists.

If I were to use this book in my classroom, I would use it to introduce a unit on dinosaurs. Although this book would be a harder read aloud, I would want to use to give some background on the unit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Best Space Pop-Up Book

My Best Space Pop-Up Book Author: Caryn Jenner    Illustrator: Clare Lloyd  Genre: Non-Fiction  Awards: None Grade Level: PK-K ...