Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Hannah is My Name

Hannah Is My Name 

Author: Belle Yang 
Illustrator: Belle Yang 
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Awards: None 
Grade Level: 1st-4th 

Hannah Is My Name is based on a true story. This book is about a young girl, Hannah, and her family who move to the United States from Taiwan. When they arrive in San Francisco, Hannah changes her name and starts acclimating to the new culture. While, the family adjusts to their home, they remain hopeful that their green cards will come and that San Francisco will become their permanent home.

 I would use this book to teach my students about the challenges of coming to a new country. I believe that this book, along with others like it will help students grasp the idea that not everyone's journey to success and happiness is the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Best Space Pop-Up Book

My Best Space Pop-Up Book Author: Caryn Jenner    Illustrator: Clare Lloyd  Genre: Non-Fiction  Awards: None Grade Level: PK-K ...