Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Stone Soup

Stone Soup 



Author: Marcia Brown
Illustrator: Marcia Brown
Genre: Traditional Literature
Awards: Caldecott Honor
Grade: 1-3

In Stone Soup written by Marcia Brown, there are three soldiers that arrive at a village to find it filled with peasants. The peasants have already hidden their food because they did not believe that they had enough to spare. The soldiers then put a few stones in a pot of boiling water and slowly convince each of the peasants to spare a few carrots, potatoes, and other things to flavor the soup. The soldiers finish the soup and share with the whole village.

In my class, I would most likely use this book as a read aloud. I could use this while teaching my students about the importance of sharing and how when everyone shares what they have, they can make a product that can benefit everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Best Space Pop-Up Book

My Best Space Pop-Up Book Author: Caryn Jenner    Illustrator: Clare Lloyd  Genre: Non-Fiction  Awards: None Grade Level: PK-K ...